Flowcite, Inc (“we
” or “Flowcite
”) cares about protecting the personal information of our customers and visitors (collectively, our “Users
”) who use our website at https://flowcite.com/ and any subdomains (collectively the “Site
”), or other products and services (including any related mobile applications) provided to you by us (collectively along with the Site, the “Services
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Flowcite collects information from you in two ways: (i) actively from your input and (ii) passively through your use of the Site and Services.
The following information is collected by us actively from you:
- Account & User Information. To create an account, you must provide your first name, last name, email address, password, and other identifying information. You may choose to link social accounts and other media to your Flowcite account, but are not required to.
- Profile information. You may have the opportunity to create a profile which may include photographs, information about your academic and work history, and your interests and activities. You are in charge of your privacy settings and what information is public on the Flowcite Site.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid service, your payment card/payment method details will be requested by us but handled by a third-party payment processor with your consent. Note that Flowcite does not have access to your payment information.
The following information is collected by us passively from your usage of our Services:
- Log files and device data. This information is about the device and application you access our Services with, including IP address data, device data, and browser information.
- Usage data. This information is about your usage including your logins, length of time, what articles you access, and other usage information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for a variety of business purposes, including:
Effectively provide our Services to you, including ;
- creation, access, and usage of your profile;
- providing access to certain functions and features of our Services;
- managing your information and accounts;
- management and completion of academic and research projects; and
- processing transactions, applications and payments pursuant to your usage.
- To present content to you.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To communicate with you about your account, our Services and policy changes
- For research and development to evaluate and enhance the Services.
- To provide analytics services.
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services or marketing third party products and services, or target prospective customers with our products or services (our use of your information, marketing, and targeting activities are performed with your consent where required by applicable law);
- To analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as: detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; undertaking research for technological development and demonstration measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use; developing new products and Services; and enforcing our terms and policies;
- To create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create; and
- We may use third-party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties including analytics and advertising partners to collect your personal information for various purposes including to provide analytics services and content that is more relevant to you.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
As further described below, we will only share certain personal information with:
- our partners;
- third party service providers and vendors;
- in connection with a sale, merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization;
- authorized users within your organization, if User is an entity; and
- for legal reasons.
SHARING WITH PARTNERS
When we share personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to fulfil business purposes, which may include:
- validate your identity and fitness to use the service,
- prevent fraudulent use of the service,
- process payments pursuant to your usage of the Services,
- assist you in using our products and services,
- contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you, and
- provide you with their products or services.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND VENDORS
We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers for business purposes. The categories of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; information and services; payment processors; customer service providers; and vendors to support the provision of the Services.
We may also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
Lastly, if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, protect the rights of our user base, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be doing certain actions, such as:
- violating our terms and conditions of use;
- causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
- violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
This disclosure can include transferring your information to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, it is our policy to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
NOTICE REGARDING THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other Services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting, accessing or utilizing these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO ERRORS IN TRANSMISSION, UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. BY USING THE SERVICES OR PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ELECTRONICALLY REGARDING SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. IF WE LEARN OF A SECURITY SYSTEM’S BREACH, WE MAY ATTEMPT TO NOTIFY YOU ELECTRONICALLY BY POSTING A NOTICE ON THE SERVICES, BY MAIL OR BY SENDING AN E-MAIL TO YOU.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of standard encryption technology.
You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure and you should not share your username, password, or other security information for your Account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your username and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. If you believe there has been any unauthorized access or use of your information, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
CHOICE/OPT-OUT (MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US, EMAIL, PHONE, COOKIES)
You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe link (if any) found at the bottom of a marketing email to opt out of receiving future emails. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) for Flowcite Services are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) for Flowcite Services, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications. To cancel your Flowcite account(s), please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable Service. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where the GDPR applies and in accordance with any other applicable law, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with. In order to obtain information and access to data held by you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information;
- we are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING TO STORAGE ONLY
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal information but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Unless permitted by the CCPA or other applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you our Services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for our Services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of Services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for Services or a different level or quality of Services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Our Services are not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to deal with your request.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
If you have an inquiry regarding our privacy practices or desire to access your personal data in our possession, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated and Effective: May 4, 2020